The Science of Social Timing and Blogging
Timing can make or break your blog.
This KISSmetrics infographic explores how timing can affect your blog readership. Posting content during high traffic hours of daytime can lead to more visitors, comments and engagement. You can get more prominence when posting during night time with less noise, but you get fewer visitors during these off hours. The data also reveals that most users read blogs throughout the day, with the highest percentage in the morning between 8am to 11am. Average blog gets the most traffic on Mondays, but more comments on Saturdays because most people don’t work or are free on this day.
- Majority of people read blog posts in the morning.
- More men than women read blogs in the evening/at night.
- An average blog gets more traffic on Monday than any other day of the week.
- The average blog peaks in traffic around 11am Eastern Time.
- An average blog gets more comments and engagement on Saturday.
- The average blog receives the most inbound links on Monday and Thursday.
- The average blog receives most inbound links at 7am Eastern Time.